Jyoti Foundation, Delhi - a charitable public trust is currently engaged in the promotion of education and research in the country. Jyoti Foundation is recognized as a non-profit charitable organization by Income Tax Department under section 12(A). The foundation is is headed by Prof. J.D.Agarwal, a well known economist and finance expert, as Chairman and Managing Trustee.
The Trust has been created for charitable purposes and the objects of the trust includes relief of the poor; education; medical relief; scientific research; advancement of Indian culture and literature; grant of scholarships or provide financial aid to the students for studies in educational, technical or research institutions in India or abroad; give of institute prizes for excellence in studies, scientific research, literature, publication or any other walk of life; Service of the county for the benefit of the nation and the advance of any other objects of general responsibility and in the interest of the nation, and it shall be lawful and competent for the trustees to give donations to other charitable trusts and institutions and the trust shall be for the benefit of all persons belonging to whatever community, irrespective of caste, creed, sex, race or religion. For the purpose of achieving objects the Trust may found or create from time to time :
i. Educational/Research institutions solely for imparting education and dissemination of knowledge.
ii. A hospital or institutions for philanthropic purposes including promotion of family planning and family welfare.
iii. an association or institution for advancement of Indian culture and literature and for control and regulation of games like cricket, football, hockey and other games.
iv. institute prizes or scholarships for excellence in studies, scientific research, literature, Indian culture or any other walk of life.
JYOTI FOUNDATION, Delhi 1987, as a public charitable trust/society exist solely for education and not for profit. Jyoti Foundation has founded the famous Indian Institute of Finance in 1987 to promote education and research - a premier management institute known internationally for its education, research, training and consultancy in the area of Finance (www.iif.edu). It has also founded other educational institutions besides Indian Institute of Finance, IIF Business School (www.iifbs.edu) and IIF College of Commerce and Economics.
Jyoti Foundation, Delhi - Public Charitable Trust/Society founded in 1987 announces the following two Scholarship schemes:
1. Merit cum Means Scholarship scheme to facilitate candidates from EWS category.
2. Topper scholarship scheme to promote excellence in education.
The total number of scholarships are 200 for first and 100 for the second category. The value of scholarship is Rs. 1200/- per annum. The last date of submitting applications for the year 2015-16 is 30 September 2015.
Jyoti foundation Delhi 1987 invites applications for its scholarship schemes from students studying in colleges or Universities including IITs, NIITs; IISc. in India
The scholarship of Rs.1200 p.a. would be strictly on merit or merit cum means basis.
The scholarship amount would be distributed to the selected candidate by cheque in his/her name through Principal/Head of Department of the College or University.
The decision of the selection committee would be final.
1. A minimum of 60 % marks in the previous examinations consistently for EWS (merit cum means) category and a minimum of 75% consistently for Topper category ( merit) category.
2. A candidate should be an Indian citizen
3. The parental income from all sources should be Rs.200,000 or less than two lakh per annum, for EWS category.
4. A Recommendation from the Principal/Head of Department/ Professor of the College/University where the candidate is pursuing his/her education.
How to apply:
1. Fill in the application form (download from the website) for scholarship
2. Attach a Copy of Marks sheets of all previous examinations.
3. Recommendation form the Principal/ HoD of University on the form.
4. Income certificate of the Parental Income duly certified by the college Principal/HoD of University or Principal of the School last studied.
5. A Statement in about 100 words why he/she deserves to get this scholarship.
Applications duly completed should be sent to the office of Chairman and Managing Trustee, Jyoti Foundation, at 45 A Knowledge Park III, Greater Noida, NCR Delhi. By post latest by 30 September 2015 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Scholarship Application Form